Last weekend was supposed to be a big paddle weekend, with 3 paddles that I wanted to do, one of them I was leading up the Huron River. Well Saturday had winds forecasted to gust to 45 MPH, don’t know how strong the gusts actually were, but I had to cancel my paddle with the Great Lakes Paddlers for safety if nothing else. I had a hint that I should cancel when my die hard kayak friend was bailing. I did have one person show up – Rick from Milford. He still wanted to go, and was disappointed the trip was cancelled.
It is a good paddle to Zukey Lake and back from Little Portage, having a 20-30 MPH wind would have made it very difficult if it didn’t kill me to paddle against that kind of wind. Instead I winterized my Craig Cat in my garage. that took most of the day due to a difficult oil filter and fogging the lowest cylinder out of three.
Sunday I did not get going early enough to leave by noon for a 1 PM paddle in Northern Livingston County, the morning the weather was not so good but turned out to be a nice day. Took the dogs for a fall hike in Stinchfield Woods instead. In the end my kayak did not see the water over the weekend.What kind of wood pecker makes a square hole? I know, do you?